Former SU Welfare Director Bags First Class Honours


Abdulrasheed Akere Abdulkareem reports,

The former Students’ Union Welfare Director Cum ex-Botany Class representative for the 2019/2020 academic session, Abdullahi Abdulqahar has bagged first-class honours from the Faculty of Science, Biological Science Department, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.

While speaking with PEN PRESS, Abdullahi Abdulqahar, a multilingual citizen of Yauri local government, Kebbi State and an academic director of his local government while on campus asserted that it was very tough for him to be a course representative and SU executive while at the same time chasing first-class honours.

When he was asked about the secret behind his feat, he said that it was a result of determination, hardworking, and prayer.

"I don't have a specific reading period, but I must read every day; I must understand whatsoever am reading rather than to cram," he noted.


He added that: "The modus operandi of my reading lies on my motivational word, called power of 5P — Proper Preparation Prevent Poor Performance." "I'm always motivated seeing people receiving best graduating student award and some lecturers do tell me that nothing is impossible," he said.

He continued that his first-class journey was ignited when he clinches 4.41 of 5.0 in his first year; 4.5 in the second year; 5.0 in his third year before he eventually graduated with 4.71."

"UG 3 was my best year on campus because I have the best result I have been craving for; it was also my tough year due to the unionism and course representative duties. It was in the UG 3 I became the SUG Welfare Director, Chairman of UDUS hall governors, Chairman of Botanical Students Association of Nigeria (BOSAN), and Academic Director of Yauri local government," he disclosed.

AbdulQahhar, however, indicated that he received three best graduating student awards from three different associations which include the Botanical Students’ Association of Nigeria (BOSAN), Biological Science Students’ Association (BIOSSA), and Kebbi State Students’ Association (KESSA).

Post a Comment

0 Comments