BEHOLD A FEMALE FIRST CLASS GRADUATE OF UDUS




Biliaminu Aishat—  a first class graduate of the Biological Sciences Department, Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto in the 2016/2017 academic session  shared some of her experiences during the course of her academic pursuit with our correspondent.

PEN PRESS: Can you tell us a few things about you?

AISHA: I'm Biliamin Motunrayo Aishat by name from a family of 6 of which I'm the second child. I am an indigene of Erin-Ile,Kwara state. I went to Iqra Nursery and primary school, Adewole Estate, Ilorin and had my secondary education at FGGC Omu-Aran.

PEN PRESS: Have you ever dreamt of graduating with a first class degree?  When did you start nursing the ambition?

AISHA: Since my 100L because of the challenges I faced.I wanted to study medicine initially but was not offered admission in 2011. Then, I did matric and UTME in 2011 in order to get two options. I got 88% in post utme and 216 in Matric but unfortunately I was not offered admission through post utme but was offered Biology through Matric.I wept bitterly because I don't like Biology as a course, I wanted a professional course as my parents do advise. My parents were sad too and my Dad ask me to wait for another year and do UTME again but I just don't buy the idea, so I applied for change of course but still, it wasn't changed. After a lot of advice from family, friends and elders,I accepted it as my fate and made up my mind to make something out of it. My Dad told me to try and make a first class at all cost, I accepted the course, then the journey began.

PEN PRESS: Did you have a role model?

AISHA: The only thing I can say is that,When choosing your friend, choose wisely especially in institutions because they will have impact in your future. Ajape Bolaji who studied Veterinery Medicine in UDUS, Ola Lukman and Adegoke Simon who studied Biochemistry in Udus are also 1st class students. Simon and Lukman were my friends from 100Level, we did tutorials together and read till day break together too.

PEN PRESS: Does that mean your relationship with first class pursuers also contributed to your success?

AISHA: Of course, it did. it encouraged me to try harder, whenever I'm tired and want to go and sleep in hostel, if they say they are going to class again, I will change my mind too and decide to go with them.

PEN PRESS: What about your female friends?

AISHA: They tried too, I have a lot of them but not too close. I don't rely on friends because at times our goals might be different. The best among the female contributors apart from my mum is Yusuf Aishat Yetunde

PEN PRESS: Have you ever been discouraged by failure?

AISHAT:Yes,In a course— Chem 102, I was unexpectedly given D, my friends advised me to go and complain but I was afraid of the lecturers marking my face and failing me further so I didn't yield to their advice .I accepted it as fate.

PEN PRESS: Asides that, have you ever had D,E or F grade ?

AISHA:Not at all,
The D is once and it was in that course.

PEN PRESS: Did you live in hostel or town?

AISHA: I lived in hostel, but I was not stable in the hostel during my 100Level days.

PEN PRESS: did  your living in hostel contribute to your success?

AISHA:Yes,it really helped me,when I was in UG1 my grade point was 4.05 because I wasn't stable in the hostel, but by the time I started living in hostel,from my UG2, my grade point started to increase.

PEN PRESS: And finally you graduated with a CGPA of?

AISHA: 4.50.

PEN PRESS: What were the challenges you faced while on campus?

AISHA: Getting accommodation was my major challenge. I only got accommodation when I was  in UG2 , I squatted for the remaining years.

PEN PRESS: were you financially stable?

AISHA: Alhamdulillah, I was  because my parents provided me with all my needs.

PEN PRESS: Did you engage in any extra curricular activities?

AISHA: Only tutorials, my town meetings and their annual day programme.

PEN PRESS: Does that mean you think engaging in extracurricular activities might affect your academics?

AISHA: No,so far I know what I am doing.

PEN PRESS: Tell us about your reading schedule?

AISHA: Sometimes I read early before sunrise because there is high assimilation then. So When I wake up in the morning after bathing, cooking and eating I go to read if there is no lecture but if there is, I read after lectures especially in masjid. I love reading in masjid than any other place and I spent most of my time there.

PEN PRESS: When was your happiest moment in Udus?

AISHA: My 400level days was my happiest moment. All the moments then are memorable. I can't really say but all moments are worth it.

PEN PRESS: When was your saddest day in Udus?

AISHA: When I lost all my credentials on my way back to Campus for my 400level.

PEN PRESS: When you were on campus, did you live a balanced life; in the sense did you only concentrate on reading  or you had time for playing and partying too?

AISHA: All work and no play make Aisha a dull girl.I do play,sleep and I do watch films a lot in my leisure time, gist and so on.

PEN PRESS: Do you then feel that your efforts in your academics was worth having first class?

AISHA: More than self, my Grade point is lower than expected but all the same first class is first class.

PEN PRESS: How has life after school been so far?

AISHA: Great, no time to waste, so I'm utilizing my time wisely by learning fashion designing.

PEN PRESS: After graduation, what are you planning to do next?

AISHA: Fashion designing, which I have started now, though I'm not ready to sit in shop and be sewing clothes but to employ people to work for me and be lucrative.

PEN PRESS: Where will you like to work?

AISHA :In an institution, I want to be a lecturer and impact knowledge on people.

PENPRESS: What advice do you have for other students especially females?

Aisha: To focus on their studies, I can't advise not to date because I did too, but they should date someone who understands and want the best for them. Remember to choose your friends wisely and be prayerful.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Wow mashaAllah so interesting, I will try to indulge in ur ways.... Congratulations sis Aisha😊😘👏

    ReplyDelete